Indian PM Modi accepts invite for first Pakistan visit joint statement.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi held a on Friday meeting during which the Indian premier accepted PM Nawaz’s invitation to Pakistan for the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (Saarc) summit in 2016.The announcement was made by Indian Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar during a joint statement issued with his Pakistani counterpart after Nawaz and Modi held their meeting on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Russia.Indian PM Modi accepts invite for first PakistanForeign Secretary Pakistan Aizaz Chaudhry said that the meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere and the two leaders exchanged views on bilateral and regional interest.He added that the two leaders agreed that both India and Pakistan have a collective responsibility to ensure peace and promote development.”To do so, they are prepared to discuss all outstanding issues,”Indian PM Modi accepts invite for first Pakistan Chaudhry said during the briefing. The foreign secretary further said, “Both leaders condemned terrorism and agreed to cooperate with each other to eliminate this menace from south Asia”.Indian Foriegn Secretary S Jaishankar added that the two premiers also agreed on the following steps to be taken by both countries. SOURCE BY
- A meeting in New Delhi between the two countries’ national security advisers to discuss all issues connected to terrorism
- Yearly meetings between director general (DG) of the Border Security Force (BSF) and DG Pakistan Rangers, followed by that of the directors general of military operations (DGMOs)Indian PM Modi accepts invite for first Pakistan
- A decision on release of fishermen in each other’s custody along with boats within a period of fifteen days
- A mechanism for facilitating religious tourism
- Discussion on means to expedite the Mumbai case trial including additional information like providing voice samples
- The meeting between Nawaz and Modi, which took place in Ufa’s Congress Hall, lasted for about an hour.Adviser to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz and Special Assistant to PM on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi were also present at the meeting.